Who we are?
Who used the e-portfolios?
There were five distinct groups of learners who participated in using e-portfolios for the project.
- Students in school (year 12) or college thinking about applying to University. (Context 1, cases 1 & 2.)
- Students in school or college thinking about applying specifically to medicine or other related fields. ( Context 1, case 3.)
- Foundation year Clinical Science students thinking about transferring to study medicine. (Context 3, case 6.)
- Nursing students for their practice placements. (Context 2, case 5.)
- Pre-Registration House Officers for their foundation years training portfolio. (Context 2, case 4.)
How did the learners use the e-portfolio?
The e-portfolio was used to record evidence of skills or competencies and to reflect on learning. In some of the cases the e-portfolio was used to help make decisions about future study and to compile a personal statement.
What e-portfolio tools were used?